MY PRIDE


He came right to me, looked me in the eye, wondering what kind of a monster I had become. He questioned my excitement, energy and strength, he wondered why a young man like would keep raising his hopes, he could not comprehend my love for that which had failed repeatedly, he mentioned the killings in the North, the epileptic power supply, kidnappings, bombing, strained economy, political stability and the constant failing electoral system. then in one sentence he asked: What makes you excited about this? Why are you so passionate? where does your Hope come from? and what good can still come out of it?
Then with a smile I answered: My excitement does not come from that which abounds, nor from that which prevails, neither from the past, nor from the moment, but from the change that has started from the future I see every day and night, from the transformation taken place among it's youth, from the role I am to play in the realization of a new Nigeria. From this I draw my strength, I live, I agree that come what may, come December 2030, our nation will be the most dearest and favorable nation to live in and in those days, our children will look at us and be proud in the 'Hero's' their fathers had been. Glory to God for the peace in Nigeria.

1 comment:

  1. I believe in a Nigeria that will thrive despite all odds and will come out victorous and I know we will all be witnesses to the new NIGERIA.... God bless our nation!

    ReplyDelete